Friday, November 13, 2009

11-13-09

Finally it's the end of Friday from work. So throughout the day, I was doing just fine at work, until people had brought up that today is Friday the 13th. I was like, shut the hell up, you just ruined my day. I think it's really a psychological thing when people tell you that it is Friday the 13th. As a result of this indication, I started to hesitate throughout the entire day while at work, I was like triple checking all my work so I wouldn't F anything up. Anyhow, I managed to do "almost" everything correctly today. Yet, there was also another topic which I was hearing throughout the entire day and the topic is tomorrow's fight, Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto. For those who follow my blog, ya'll probably are aware that my entire branch employees are Filipinos/as. Because of this segregation, I felt like I was certainly the minority of this Pacquiao fight discussion and they seem to take a lot of pride for their fighter. Some of my co-workers are even going to the extent to fly to Las Vegas just to watch the fight. I mean this is a lot of pride, not only that, but they're spending close to more than a week of their pay check on this trip. Anyhow, if we Chinese have that much pride for their boxer, I'd too one day consider to become a boxer. But in reality, this is less likely to happen for a Chinese boxer, mainly because Chinese are cheap. Seriously, if the fast food joint :Mc Donald's" couldn't make it in Chinatown, I doubt they'll even support any Chinese boxer....

No comments: