Monday, March 22, 2010

3-22-2010

Today was my off day so I went car shopping again. I've finally had the chance to test drive one of my favorite car of all time, the BMW M3 coupe. I have always been a fan of this car, due to it's racing heritage and super car-like body cues. At last, I was able to really test drive the purist raw 6 speed manuel, rather than the clunky abundant Sequential Manuel Gearbox(SMG) automatic transmission. Initially, while testing driving the car, I'd expected a lot out of this incredable machine. Yes, the car was fast and handled alright. Unfortunatly, the car wasn't as sporty and superior as I thought it would be. The transmission was not smooth at all, I wasn't able to down shift properly and the gears were kind of notchy like the Infiniti g35. The handling wasn't as extreme and impressive as the Honda s2000. The acceleration wasn't stupidly fast like the Mercedes SL55. In sum, I must say the BMW M3 was somewhat of a let down and the "hype" of the car did not live up to itself. Nonetheless, the car search must go on. Hopefully next week I'll be able to take a look at the 2008 BMW 528i sports package.

2 comments:

Twosidestory said...

so youre seriously about getting a car?

Danny T. said...

yup =]....still shopping around...